Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Praying for my sister

Tomorrow, Wednesday May 27, we will be flying home to Nashville to be with my family for my sister's surgery. We will be there till late Saturday afternoon, and then we'll fly back to Houston.

At this time, I ask you to all take a moment over the next few days and say a special prayer for Mary Anne. The surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. They will check her lymph nodes first to make sure nothing has spread, and then begin the procedure.
My sister got a new haircut with the pink highlights, in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.
Faith got a pink hair extension put in her hair.
Even my mom got in on the action. Never thought I'd see this, but its pretty cool, to say the least.

While I'm not going to be putting a pink strip in my hair, or my beard (thanks to all that suggested it), I did buy a pink polo shirt and will be wearing it to support Mary Anne.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I will definitely be praying for Mary Anne's surgery tomorrow and for all of you. Your family is so special to all of us and we are so saddened that Mary Anne is having to fight this. I hope that you and Kristen have a safe trip. We love you guys and will keep praying for Mary Anne!

Steve Hawley said...

Lane,
Prayers will go up from me. Give my love to all.
God bless,
Coach Hawley
Luke 18:1