Monday, May 19, 2008

There's a rainbow in the clouds

So the bed rest thing is pretty hard for Kristen. She's always been a go-getter. She wants to get up and clean or cook or exercise or anything else BUT sit or lay down and rest. Yesterday she got some severe cabin fever. We offset that by putting away some new things from a shower we had in Hartselle, and then she watched the Princess Diaries 2, which is much better than the first one.

She didn't get to go to church yesterday, and I honestly believe it is the first time since we've been married that she's missed a church service. Even if she's been sick, she hasn't missed. Thank God for a woman who sees the importance of a family going to church together.

Yesterday was also the day of the annual baccalaureate service for Guntersville high school. I went by myself, so Kristen could stay home and rest. I stopped and got some milk and bananas, and then a cheeseburger from Burger King for Kristen. As I was coming across the causeway, I saw the most beautiful rainbow I think I've ever seen. It was a complete rainbow, which I hardly ever see, and it was a good small size rainbow so you could actually see all the intricate details of it.

Kristen has this thing for rainbows. She somehow thinks its biblical that when a rainbow appears, that God is letting you know His promise for you is still coming (insert sarcasm, its very BIBLICAL!!), and I got her up and took her out on the porch to see it.

That's God's way of letting us know that He's still watching over us. To top it off, last night was a full moon, and there's all sorts of wives' tails about how babies come on the full moon.

God's watching over us, I know He is.

1 comment:

Jason said...

He certainly is.