Monday, May 19, 2008

I'll be a dad, by Tuesday, May 27

Hey everyone. Just to bring you up to speed on how things are going with Kristen and ladybug. We went to the doctor today, and he told us today that regardless of things are going or will happen, we will be parents by the 27th.

Kristen has developed preeclampsyia, which is not a good thing, but our doctor has told us both that nothing is wrong, and everything should go just fine. The only way to relieve the high blood pressure is to get the placenta out of Kristen, and the only way to do that is to get the baby out of Kristen.

So, to make a long story short. We go back to the doctor on Thursday. If her body isn't ready to have the baby yet, we will go in on late Monday night to start the induction process. Lord willing, we'll have our little girl here with us by Tuesday sometime. Prayers would definitely be appreciated through this time.

On a side note, we are definitely displeased with Target, and feel we should warn a few of you about their policies. They have a new policy that if you do not have a gift receipt or original receipt, you can only return up to $20 worth of items, twice a year. We received about 17 crib sheets, so needless to say, we took some back. After I had reached $20 worth of returns, the guy told me "I'm going to swipe your driver's license again, and after $20 more, you won't be able to return anything else for a year".

The thing is, these items were Target brand, on our registry, we just received too many of them. Anyone else have an issue with Target? I love shopping there, and its a great store, but the policy is a bit much, in my opinion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are definitely in our prayers.

Jason said...

Praying for you guys today.

Sunny said...

I hope that Kristen is feeling well. I can't believe that the day is almost here. I am so happy for the both of you and I can't wait to meet this baby girl.

I hate Target's return policy. If you can, take someone new in the store with you each time you return something and just use their driver's license. I had to use both mine and Jason's when Jackson was born, but I hardly ever have to use it now since I have made all of the purchases and have a receipt. I don't mind loaning you mine, it might take some work, but it is definitely worth it. Personally I think that they should have a different policy for those customers that have a registry with them. I know that you are busy, but I might be tempted to send an email to corporate and let them know how you feel. I'm sure that they are just not aware of the hassle that they are creating for those guests that have baby registries with them. (Sorry, that one kind of got away from me!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that return policies at a lot of stores have gotten insane. However, I can understand why some of them have had to change. I used to work in a videogame store, and when I started there the policy was that if you were not satisfied with a game, you could exchange it within 14 days for another game. Well, we had some PC game customers who were "not satisfied" with 5 or 6 games in a row. Actually, they loved them -- they were taking them home and burning the CD's, so they ended up with 6 games for the price of 1. That was happening at stores nationwide, so we had to change the policy -- defective titles could be exchanged for a new copy of the same title. Unopened games could be exchanged or refunded. Opened, non-defective games -- no return or exchange.

I think Target has gone too far, though, especially if you have your registry with them. A lot of people still don't think to give gift receipts when they give the gift, and it ends up coming back to bite the honest people in the rear.

-Lane said...

I definitely understand why they have the policy, but they should make allowances for people who have registries with them. I'm very grateful for all the stuff we got, but I'm just irritated with Target and their return policy in this matter.

Jason said...

Down with Target!