Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sympathy and Prayers go out to...

The family of Steve Hawley, one of the most beloved teachers and coaches that has ever been. Steve's father, Roger Hawley, passed away. His funeral will be in St. Louis on Friday.

Coach Hawley (Steve) has probably impacted more lives than anyone I've ever known. His book - "What Then Is This Child Going To Be?" is a great book about being a teacher, and loving your students. There's even a mention of yours truly in the book, along with my good friend, Jason Bybee.

Coach Hawley always did "Auctions" to raise money for underprivileged families at Christmas time. During break at school once every couple of weeks, he would auction off autographed items from college and professional sports teams that the students would write letters to.

For every test he would give, he would have a list of top 4 songs. They would be "Top 4 songs about breaking up" or "Top 4 songs about girl's names"

I had the wonderful opportunity of not only being a student of Coach Hawley's, but also teaching with him in Houston at Westbury Christian School.

Coach Hawley, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you peruse this site from time to time. God bless you in your loss of your dad. We'll be praying for you.

3 comments:

Steve Hawley said...

Lane, on behalf of the Hawleys, I just wanted to say THANKS. Keep us in prayer.
God bless,
Coach Hawley
Luke 18:1

Jason said...

Our thoughts are with you all, Coach.

preacherman said...

Lane,
I am sorry and will be praying.
I enjoyed reading your blogs and look forward to reading both regularly.
I will keep you in my prayers as well brother.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry