Saturday, April 19, 2008

On talking to God, and letting Him talk back

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

Does anyone else think that talking to God is a rather difficult thing? Prayer in and of itself is a very simple thing. The problem is letting God talk back to you. How often do we pray, and then immediately take back control of the things we've just handed over to God?

I believe we treat prayer way to casually now. Prayer used to be a communication tool between God and His people. Now, it seems to be more of a one way street, with us talking to God, but not being willing to listen for Him to talk back.

How often do you think that God is telling is those great and unsearchable things that we don't know, but we just aren't listening to Him? God simply asks us to call to Him, and He will answer.

So is our problem in calling, or listening? Often, I feel like I'm calling out to God selfishly. My prayers too often begin with requests, wishes, needs, instead of calling out to my Heavenly Father. When I finish my prayers, my attitude rarely reflects that of having believed in what I prayed for.

If I call to God, He will tell me great and unsearchable things. Question is, will I listen?

No comments: