Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Beginning Month 8, 10 weeks left

All right, for those of you that don't know, my wife is pregnant. She is getting more and more pregnant by the day. She looks so wonderful, beautiful, and happy. I still see little smiles when the baby moves, accompanied with looks of pain when the baby kicks real hard (or jumps on her bladder). The past few months have been really fun, but then again, i'm not the one carrying around extra weight.

Overall, our pregnancy so far has been rather uneventful. No problems, no concerns, no worries. However, as the 8th month has begun, we both are starting to "freak" out a little.

1. We still have not picked out a name.
2. We still have no diaper changing table
3. We wonder why people bother to register, because hardly anyone ever consults the registry before they purchase a gift (sure this neon green blanket goes with our subtle pink room....), but we really just appreciate the outpouring of stuff people have given us (we're just freaking out about the big things that we still have yet to obtain...)
4. Diapers, in a word, are EXPENSIVE. We've decided to start buying a pack every time we go to Walmart just to help get a jump start on some things.
5. From now until the baby comes, we'll go to Huntsville about 97 times. Doctor visits every other week, then every week, plus child birth classes and other classes we've signed up for.
6. Speaking of child birth classes, they start tonight. I'm the most squeamish person on the planet, so the idea of having to watch videos on child birth...um...just make sure its a few hours after I eat.
7. Have I mentioned in ten weeks we're going to be responsible for the little person that fits in those adorable sweaters and dresses and shoes people have given us?

In a nutshell, yeah, I guess I'm starting to get a bit freaked out. But I do want to thank everyone who has given us the outpouring of gifts and love and prayers. It has helped us get through the past 7 months, now help us get through months 8 and 9! Anyone who is a parent that has any advice for a first time father, I would greatly appreciate it!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Yeah for 8 months! I can't wait to meet this little one!

Diapers are expensive and they recently raised the "average" cost. I always look for the sales and stock up when the time hits. Coupons are also a great thing. Have you registered online with Pampers and Huggies? They will send you coupons every once in awhile. Also, you can register online with Gerber and they will send you some coupons when the time comes. Don't know if you have a Publix, but they will hook you up with their Baby Club and you can get all kinds of freebies and coupons. I've heard that if you pay $.21 per diaper, you've struck a deal.

About the childbirth classes, you should have Jason tell you about the hippie woman that we had to watch deliver twins. I've never seen such and thankfully I will never see it again!!!

We should try to get together on one of the many trips that you make this way.

Sorry for all of the rambling...

Jason said...

Listen to her about the coupons. Sign up online or do whatever you have to do. Those puppies really help.

And don't freak out. You guys will do fine. I think loving a baby is the most natural thing in the world, so I don't think y'all have anything to worry about.

chesley said...

I'm also a diaper coupon hunter! They really add up, especially if you watch for sales. Buying a pack every time you go to the store is a great idea. I did that during both pregnancies. With Grant, I didn't buy any diapers until he was 6 months old and I haven't bought any yet with Claire.

We never had a changing table the first go around, and we all survived. This time, we just bought the changing pad and put in on top of the dresser..works like a charm. I can't believe I didn't do it the first time. We just cut a piece of rug pad and put it underneath so it doesn't slide around and the changing pad comes with little things to screw into the back of the dresser if you're so inclined. Don't know what your dresser is like, but you might consider it. Sorry this is so long! Enjoy your last few months together alone!