Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hulu

For $1.99, you can purchase television shows to download off of Itunes, or for $9.99, you can purchase movies to download as well. I loved doing this, especially for shows I used to miss, plus, then I would have them for my ipod and on my computer saved.

However, this year, NBC announced they would be pulling shows like "The Office" off of Itunes. I didn't understand...until...I read about HULU. On HULU, you can go and view many episodes (not all, but many) of your favorite television shows, AND movies.

For example, here's a clip of one of my favorite Saturday Night Live sketches:


You can embed their clips on to blogs and other sites, but I still have yet to figure out a way to download. That's the one major drawback.

There's also over 50 movies you can watch from the site as well. And they aren't bad movies either. Titles such as Master and Commander, Ice Age, Me Myself and Irene, The Three Amigos, Weekend at Bernies, Sideways, ALL FOR FREE. Other movies on the site just have clips instead of the entire movie, but its still fun to watch if you have a spare moment during lunch.

The site has selected entire episodes of 30 Rock, Arrested Development, The Bob Newheart Show, Family Guy, The Incredible Hulk, Mad TV, SNL, Monk, My Name Is Earl, The Office, and classics such as Remington Steele, Starsky and Hutch, Welcome Back Kotter and Who's the Boss?

Its a great site, but just be careful that you don't get too caught up in it. Especially going back and watching old Saturday Night Live skits.

Happy viewing, for FREE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wacky Fun Ball and The Bass-O-Matic are 2 of my favorites from the SNL psuedo-commercials.