Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sprint, DirecTV, Gatorade?

Ah, the Titans. Used to be, teams were afraid. No one wanted to go play in Adelphia. Now, the Jets are up 16 to 8 on my Titans. I'm taking a moment to blog because I'm getting frustrated with my boys.

However, throughout the game, I've noticed something that i think may get old soon. I have never been a University of Tennessee fan, but I've always loved Peyton Manning. Let's admit it, he was robbed when he didn't get the Heisman (it was only because he was in the SEC, and all the voters hate the SEC).

Now, I love Peyton (except when the Colts play the Titans). But today, I have seen about 11,000 Peyton Manning commercials. So far, he's had commercials for Gatorade, for Sprint, and for DirecTV. The newest Gatorade commercial portrays Peyton erupting out of a shell (similar to the ones the Gremlins hatched out of when they ate after midnight).

Peyton is great, but do the NFL games all really have to be brought to us by Peyton?

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Didn't see the Peyton commercials while watching the game. I told Jason that I might just have to start pulling for the Colts! (Hey, Peyton's from Tennessee. That counts, right?).

-Lane said...

Don't be a fairweather Titans fan! Come on now, the second half of the game today was great.

Sunny said...

I'm not. I like the Titans, but they need to get their act together. (I slept through the second half). I have been thinking about the Colts for awhile now.

Jason said...

I'll always root for Peyton when he's not playing the Titans. Looks like we're in for another LONG season. And it looks like Peyton will be well on his way to another great season.

-Lane said...

you know, I have to admit, Vince Young looked rather decent in the one drive he orchestrated, until he threw an interception...

Kerry Collins was TERRIBLE. Surely Billy Volek would have played a better game.

On the flip side, Steve McNair looked tremendous...oops...once again we gave up someone too soon.

Kenny Simpson said...

Love the "stash" commercial with Manning.