Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Major League Baseball Predictions

As the season starts to wind down, I am going to go ahead and make my MLB awards predictions for Rookie of the Year, Cy Young Winners, MVP, and Manager of the Year.

First of all, Rookie of the Year:

American League- Justin Verlander RHP for Detroit
National League- Prince Fielder 1B for the Brewers (he's going to be a stud)



Cy Young Winners:

American League- Johan Santana for the Twins (come on, he is the league leader in just about every category).
National League- If I had to make a guess, probably Chris Carpenter for St. Louis.



Manager of the Year:

American League- I can't go with Jim Leyland. Yeah, he helped turn Detroit around, but he's about to blow it completely. I'm going to go with a strong season end by Joe Torre for the Yankees (and not just because I'm a Yankee's fan).

National League- This is a toss up between Willie Randolph for the Mets and Joe Girardi for Florida, but I think I'll go with Willie Randolph.


MVP:

American League- Well, not to play favorites, but I'm going to have to go with Derek Jeter for the AL MVP.

National League- Toss up between Ryan Howard for Philadelphia and Albert Pujols. I say Pujols goes two years in a row.

3 comments:

Jason said...

I hope you're right about Puj. I think Howard is a worthy candidate, too. People are really touting Jeter for MVP. His toughest competition will be Johan Santana actually.

I think Leyland will win AL Manager, but Torre's done a brilliant job this year, as always. If Steinbrenner ever fires him, he's crazy.

Kenny Simpson said...

Agree with picks. But it is sad if FLA manager doesn't get manager of year for taking kids slightly older than the ones I coach and making them respectable.

-Lane said...

Yeah, but you've got to admit Willie Randolph has done some tremendous stuff at New York as well. Its a tough call on that one.