Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Top 50 Most InfluenTial people in my life, NUMBERS 3 through 1

All right, so I'm not sure whether or not anyone is reading this, because for some reason, our server/network here at the office won't allow anyone access to any blog sites. I can post, but cannot view any thing.

So hopefully, as I post #s 3 through 1, someone will be able to read this.

I must point out that really, the top 3 are tied. No one person in the top 3 has had more influence on my life than the other.

Oh, and by the way, I just learned today that it is spelled influential and not influencial. Ooops, I never spell things wrong, but it just looked so right, and no one corrected me except Microsoft Word.

#3 My Mother, Elaine Widick: I'll be the first one to admit that my mom and I are so much alike that often we don't get along. There are times when my mother is just like her mother, and she had a lot of problems with her. However, she's still my mom, and I still love her. When I was growing up, I was a momma's boy. I'll admit it. I would typically go to her if I needed or wanted something. She sacrificed for us by not working while we were in school and staying at home to be with us when we got home. I don't think she went back to work till I was in 8th grade or so. I know that was a huge sacrifice, but she wanted that for her children. She is really the best cook I've ever known, and always fixed Roast Beef and Mashed potatoes for me when I came home from college. She is a wonderful Christian lady and has instilled a lot of those values in to my life.

#2 My Father, Joe Widick: If I could model my life after anyone besides Jesus, it would be my father. He is the perfect role model for any child. My father taught me the value of hard work. He has taught just about any subject known to man at school, drove school buses, took pictures, unloaded trucks, worked in deep freezers, and many other things, all to keep food on the table for us. God has blessed him for his hard work by giving him many wonderful things now. My father is now an associate minister and Elder at the Maple Hill Church of Christ in Lebanon, TN. He has had more influence on the people of Lebanon than he'll ever know. So many people look up to and respect him. He's always easy to talk to, he listens to me, and gives me solid advice. I don't feel as if I got close to my father till I was older, and realized that my life was just like his: Teaching School in Houston, driving the bus for my college chorus, and now being a minister. Reality hits you hardest when it is glaring and obvious. No one could ever ask for a better father. Besides being all of the above things, the most noted quality of his that I don't possess is humility. He is the most humble man living on the earth. I love him as a father, a friend, and a brother in Christ.

#1 Kristen Joy Widick, my lovely and wonderful wife.

Let me tell you a bit about my wife. She is great. There's no one like her. People who knew me before I met my wife would be the first to tell you how much of an influence she has had on me. She is a perfect example of a Christian. She is a great woman who is kind to all. She is the hardest worker in the world, and will do most anything without grumbling (she doesn't like to take Chloe out in the rain, but other than that...).

You know how every guy always says "I married up" or "She's my better half". Well, I really did marry up. I don't deserve someone as great as she is, but God put her in my life for a reason. I know one day she'll be an excellent mother. She is the perfect wife. Her chicken chilli nachoes are to die for!! She is the best partner anyone could have in youth ministry as well. She loves my job, and wants to take it from me!! I love her so very much, and don't even remember what life was like without her.


I hope everyone has enjoyed the past few installments on my blog. Stay tuned for my exciting news in the life and times of the Widick family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though you may not be able to read the comments, I want to let you know that making a top 50 list of most influential people in your life is a remarkable accomplishment. I don't know if I could do it, but I may give it a try just because of you. Congratulations on this accomplishment, and kudos to the great people who made your list!