Monday, March 27, 2006

Caffeine Free

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present the fact that I am now caffeine free for 5 days. FIVE WHOLE DAYS!!! I had to go off of the caffeine...

I was only drinking diet soft drinks, but for some reason or another, I believe that drinking 8-10 diet dr. peppers during a day is not the greatest thing to do. I was having stomach problems, sleeping problems, and all sorts of other things were starting to happen. I was hooked, addicted, and hard up for caffeine.

About 3 years ago, I was able to do this. I did it for around a year, and then slowly started to drink caffeine again.

My head was in a continual state of throbbing yesterday. All through class, through church, through my Honduras team meeting, and through life groups. This morning however, I feel much better.

I'm hoping that this step of going off of the caffeine will help me redirect my eating habits as well. The other day, I ate something that will shock the stew out of a whole lot of you who know me. I ate a piece of raw, non-condiment covered broccoli. Yes, I Lane Widick, the pickiest eater on the face of the earth...ate broccoli, along with some cherry tomatoes.

I fear the caffeine withdrawl symptoms may go on for a week or so, but its worth it to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work, Lane! It will be tough for a while, but if you can do it your body will thank you for it. Mine has. The only problem is that if I have caffine now (anywhere in excess of about 30mg), I can't sleep at all. But, who needs the stuff anyways?