Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

Okay, so I have been tagged on Facebook and numerous other blogs to do this "25 Random Things About Myself" post, so I thought I would go ahead and do it. Here's for all you who think you know me, or who don't me at all.

1. I have been going bald since I was 17 years old.
2. In high school, I was the star of many plays. I played Conrad Birdie in Bye Bye Birdie, Captain Von Trapp in the Sound of Music, Tommy Albright in Brigadoon, George Bailey in Its A Wonderful Life, and Wilson in the play Harvey.
3. I dated my wife for about 5 months, broke up with her, didn't talk to her for about a year, and then we started dating again, while we were 900 miles apart!
4. I have an unnatural addiction to diet soft drinks. Preferably Diet Dr. Pepper, but if that's not available, Diet Coke will do.
5. I was the Assistant Coach on a Girl's State Championship Basketball Team in Houston, TX -- The Westbury Christian Lady Wildcats.
6. One of my all time favorite movies is the movie "Grease"
7. I have preached from the same pulpit that Alexander Campbell once spoke from.
8. I was one semester away from having an Elementary Education degree before I changed my Major to Bible.
9. I directed two Makin Music shows, one got second, the other got first.
10. I never finished behind Sigma Rho in a Makin Music show while I was at Freed Hardeman.
11. I proposed to my wife on Christmas Day. She said yes.
12. I have met Lute Olsen, Bill Self, Rick Pitino, and Mike Krzyzewski. The funny thing is, I'm not really that big a fan of college basketball.
13. I was once mistaken for Bill Goldberg. That was back in the day when I worked out everyday, shaved my head and had a goatee.
14. I preached my first sermon when I was 14 years old.
15. When I was a kid, my goal in life was to be a movie director/movie writer/or a novelist.
16. I absolutely love playing strategy games, especially Risk. However, I have recently taken to a game called The Settlers of Catan.
17. I worked as a camp counselor for 4 years while I was in college. I spent every night outside on a porch all through the summer, in west TN, in 98 degree heat and 99% humidity.
18. I have never taken a sip of coffee. I never will.
19. I have never had one drink of alcohol. I never will. (Not that I'm judging anyone who does drink, but I never will!)
20. I love God, I love His Church, but I can't stand the Politics of the church. Somehow, I just don't think God intended for it to be this way.
21. I love volleyball. I coached a high school team which produced two Division 1 college players, I coached a travel team here in Guntersville, and I married a wonderful woman who played at Freed Hardeman.
22. I have never seen Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, or many other Disney movies.
23. I know absolutely nothing about fixing cars. I can change a tire, that's about it.
24. I can't fall asleep unless I am watching something on tv. 99% of the time, I have old Friends episodes on DVD playing.
25. My first job was working and cooking for a catering business in Lebanon, TN.

There you go! I won't tag anyone, because no one I ever tag ever does these things. However, if you're a reader, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I used to be the same way about watching TV while falling asleep. Then it was listening to my iPod. Now I can just fall asleep no matter what.

And I think that with a little girl now, it won't be long before you'll be watching Snow White & Cinderella.

Unknown said...

#11. I guess it's a good thing she said yes. It would have probably been a lot more difficult to make her your wife if she said no.

#17. Funny how those hot summers were some of the best of my life.

Thanks for the updates, and I still read your blog, just fyi.