Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vacation Time for the Widick's

This will be a lengthy post, so bear with me...

Saturday morning, Kristen, Josie and I left for our first family vacation. Our first stop was from Guntersville to Franklin, TN. We stopped and celebrated a monumental birthday for my mom and Buca di Bepa, an Italian place that has tremendous food. All the family was there, and we were able to sit around one large table with a lazy susan in the middle of it. Its family style food, so we all ordered different things and shared with each other. After that, we went on to Lebanon, TN, to enjoy the afternoon with my family and have cake and ice cream.

Sunday morning, I was able to worship with my family at the Maple Hill church of Christ. Being a minister myself, I don't have many opportunities to worship with my family at their local congregations. It was a wonderful service. They have worship first, which I really enjoyed.

After worship service, Kristen and I left Josie with my parents (this was the first time we left her with anyone) and we went to the Tennessee Titans vs the Jacksonville Jaguars game. It was amazing! I never really did anything like that growing up, and my eyes actually started to tear up when the game started. Here are a few pics from the start of the game:

Here come the Titans!!

Really cool American Flag for the National Anthem sung by Martina McBride

The airforce flew planes over at the end of the national anthem. This was so cool!

We were there amongst the boos for Vince Young, and the cheers for when Kerry Collins came in. Sure, Vince stunk it up, but that's no reason to treat him the way some of the fans were at the game.

After the game, we drove down to Birmingham and stayed with Kristen's aunt and uncle. They grilled out for us, and we had a wonderful time. The next morning, we drove down to Gulf Shores, AL. We're staying here till Monday of next week, spending our FIFTH anniversary at the beach.

Here are some pictures of us and first few days at the beach:

Us after eating at Sea N Suds.

Mommy and Josie at the beach!

Daddy and Josie at the beach

Mommy and Josie at the pool

Daddy and Josie at the pool

Hurricane Ike is supposed to miss us, but it might rain for the next two or three days. We're about to go walk on the beach, and then off to lunch.

**Prayer Request**
We just got word today that Jenny Finley, grandmother of two kids in my youth group, and sweet Christian lady passed away. Miss Jenny was informed she had cancer around Thanksgiving, and the doctors did not give her the best prognosis. She has been a fighter, but more importantly, she has been an example of courage to so many. God bless the Finley family at this time.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Looks like you had great seats at the game! I would have LOVED to hear Martina McBride sing the national anthem! I'm glad that the two of you were able to get away to catch the game together.

Have fun at the beach! Hopefully it won't rain too badly on you guys!!!

Jason said...

Glad y'all had fun. What a game!

I went with Gary yesterday to visit the Finley's yesterday. I know they'll be in the thoughts and prayers of many.