Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Girl Widick (a.k.a. Ladybug)

Things are really getting exciting around the Widick household. We've nicknamed Baby Girl "Ladybug". I've finally been able to feel Ladybug move around. Not a whole lot, but enough to feel her move a slight bit.

Last night, after reading about playing music through some headphones placed on the pregnant woman's belly, I picked up my Ipod and scrolled through the music. I thought long and hard about what song I wanted to play first for her. I thought about all sorts of songs, and finally settled on a song done by the Zoe Group, an A Capella song called "Great Is the Lord".

This song was the song Kristen and I used for the lighting of our unity candle in our wedding. Here are the lyrics:

Great is the Lord
and most worthy of Praise
In the city of our God,
the Holy Place
The joy of the whole earth
Great is the Lord
in whom we have the victory
He aides against the enemy
We bow down on our knees before you
And lord we want to
lift your name on high
And Lord we want to thank you
for the works you’ve done in our lives
And Lord we trust in your unfailing love
For you alone are God eternal
throughout earth and heaven above.


We have yet to visibly see Ladybug move or kick. However, last night, after this song repeated through the second time, right after the line "And Lord we want to lift your name on high", we saw her kick. She didn't just kick, it looked like she was kicking a 60 yard field goal into the wind. Kristen said it was the most pronounced kick she's felt yet.

I can't help but think that Ladybug is already praising God and worshiping Him for the life she will live, and last night, God gave us comfort and joy with that one slight movement, and I won't ever forget it. I am so excited and thankful for the joy that she has already brought. God be praised.

2 comments:

Jason said...

That's awesome, man. Happy for you guys.

Sunny said...

I know that Kristen just loves feeling every single kick and turn. I'm glad that they are strong enough for you to feel now too. For me, those moments of movement were pure joy that I will treasure for a life time. I never got tired of them at all!

You've got to show us pics of the nursery when it is completed. I'm sure that it will beautiful!

Couldn't agree with you more about the cost of baby stuff. I don't know if ya'll are interested in shopping the consignment sales, but they are coming up here at the beginning of March. Just let me know and I'll send you the info on them.