Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Last night, I walked back to our bedroom, my wife went to bed, and I, not being tired, walked back to watch some Sportscenter on television. In the midst, there was a break in the action while they went to capture Barry Bonds trying for the new home run record. It was his second at bat, and he cranked a nice little hit into centerfield. Hmmm, could this be the night. At that point he was 2 for 2, and having a good night so far. I watched a little more Sportscenter, and then I turned to ESPN 2, to actually watch the game between the Nationals and the Giants. I turned it on just before Bonds went up in the 5th inning.

Talk about a perfect at bat. There were a couple of balls, couple of called strikes, couple of foul tips, but I just knew he was going to do it. With the count at 3 and 2, Barry got a perfect pitch to hit. With one swing of the bat, he cranked one out. I didn't know how I wanted to feel. Then I ran across this article this morning. READ IT HERE!

That article explained just how I felt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey man. i've been posting a bunch of my old articles, bible class lessons, etc... at my new blog.

http://youthministry.fatkidrecords.com

thought you might be interested.