Monday, March 12, 2007

Word to the wise about being President on 24, and other Television warnings

If you ever get the opportunity to be the president on the hit Fox series, 24, take it with the understanding that it will not be a long standing gig.

First Palmer is assassinated, then Logan is involved in a scandal, then Palmer part II is in an explosion, then Logan is stabbed by his ex wife while on house arrest (and she's crazy by the way).

So officially now, out of 3 presidents that have been on 24, 2 of them are dead (or at least we are led to believe that Logan is dead). Palmer part II is questionable at this time.

This season of 24 has been outstanding, to say the least.

Also outstanding this season: LOST. Questions are being somewhat answered, but leave enough to the imagination that it makes you come back next week. Be sure you check out ALL THINGS LOST, another blog by my buddy Jason.

And, if you're not watching the hit comedy "The Office", you're missing out on pure genius television. The writers of the show are tremendous. What makes the show great you ask? Well, Steve Carell makes an excellent lead man, but the cast of characters is one of the best ever put together.

Other than those three shows, I haven't had a chance to watch many other shows. I really wish I had started watching "Heroes", because I've heard a whole lot of great things about it. We're really in to Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Deal or No Deal, but I have to tell you some frustration with them. They hype up each episode so much on the commercials, and at the end of each episode's "Stay tuned for next week", segment. This past week, on the Amazing Race, it was hyped up to be the best finish ever. What happened? Rob and Amber (our personal favorites) got booted off, and nothing exciting happened at all.

Don't hype up stuff on commercials when its not true.

So what about you? What must see TV is going on right now in your life?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally am a Discovery Channel nut -- Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters are a MUST on my list, and Deadliest Catch returns next month -- those guys are insane!

Food Network is also frequently tuned in - Rachael Ray for Catherine, and Alton Brown for me. Iron Chef America is a big hit as well.

Anonymous said...

Lane, the President that succeeded Palmer 1 died from injuries suffered when Air Force One was hit by a missile. That's how Logan became President.

-Lane said...

Thanks Scott, I had forgotten about him. You know, last night's episode is a lot better than I initially thought. The previews for next week look great!

Matt said...

24 is great as is the Office. Unfortunately for me I now have something that fills my schedule during 24 and can't watch it online. I guess I will have to wait until it is out on DVD.

Jason said...

Thanks for the plug, Lane. I'm actually getting less excited about 24. But it's been a good season so far.