Monday, March 26, 2007

Planet Earth

I've always been a big fan of nature shows. However, I've never really watched one that I've just been left breathless by. I was very excited to see that a mini-series on the Discovery channel was coming out that claimed to be just what I was looking for.

Planet Earth
is perhaps one of the best shows I've ever watched on TV. Talk about reality television, this is it. Just check out the link and see for yourselves. Sunday night, they aired the first three episodes, Deep Ocean, Pole to Pole, and Mountains. The series took over 5 years to film, and has several first time footage shots of marvelous things.

I guess the reason I love these shows so much is that it reminds me how wonderfully we are created by God. As unique and amazing as we are, there is a world full of creatures that are unique and wonderfully created by the same Creator. I beg of you to check this series out, you won't be disappointed. Set your DVR to record it, and start watching with the Pole to Pole episode. I believe they are re-airing them on the Science Channel as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw all of the Deep Oceans episode, and bits and pieces of the other 2. The thing that got me in the Deep Oceans is the sheer numbers of species throughout the ocean, all designed to live in their specific zone (not too hot or cold, not too much or too little light, etc.). For someone to tell me that all those different species came about by chance is nothing short of ridiculous. I think that the variety of life is evidence of God's hand in creation.

I can't wait to see what they have up next in this series.

Jason said...

I'll have to check it out. I'm like you, I love these nature shows. I'll get sucked in and before I know it, I've watched an hour or so. Thanks for the heads up.