Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm so LOST!!!



Well thanks Jason. You said, "Just watch an episode or two of the first season. I'll even lend you my Season One set so you won't have to rent them or buy them." Well, thanks man. Now I'm hooked. I guess that's how drug dealers do it. Just try it, I'll give you the first hit for free! Then, BAM, they're hooked!

I started out watching season 1 very unsure if I was going to like it. I mean, the first 3 or 4 episodes were rather confusing, with all the characterization going on, learning who everyone was, and scared they were going to do life long flashbacks on all 40 or so of the surviving plane crashees.

But frustration quickly developed into determination to see what the strange sound was in the jungle, why there were polar bears on the island, and what the heck a strange hatch door was doing in the middle of the jungle.

The thing I like most about the show is that just when you think you have something figured out, the writers change it up. Just like in 24, they are not afraid to kill anyone, and I think for a good show you have to be willing to give up lead characters (knowing that in Lost, they're likely to show up again somewhere down the road, even if they're dead).

My favorite characters include Hugo for his undying optimism and goodness, Charlie for his quirkiness, and Sawyer, for playing the always evil and sarcastic nemesis to everyone. I know Jack is the "hero", and his character is great, but I get frustrated with him so often.

I can't stand Michael, and I'm glad (SPOILER COMING UP) that he is now off the show (but I'm sure he and Walt will be back). I also did not like the Anna Lucia character.

The best written characters by far are Locke and the Korean couple Jin and Sun. Their back stories are intriguing. I still want to know how John ended up in a wheel chair. I also want to know how Jin will act once a child comes along.

Lost is a tremendous show. It is now MUST WATCH television for me. Thank goodness for DVR service to record our shows faithfully for us. I would now rank Lost in my top 5 current faves, along with 24, The Office, Survivor, and the Amazing Race.

Can't wait till next Wednesday night!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

So are you caught up? I guess so, based on your post. Have you watched any of Season 3 yet? If so, we need to talk...

-Lane said...

man, i am up to date and ready for next week.