Monday, August 14, 2006

Thoughts on the past weekend

I had a tremendous but task filled weekend. It started on Friday, with a trip to Huntsville to have lunch with my good friend Jason Bybee. We ate at some Mexican place called Lil Rosie's. It was good food, and great to catch up and talk about our ministries.

Friday night, Kristen and I stayed home and relaxed for a bit. I got to hang a medicine cabinet in our master bathroom, and it only took about 2 hours. (usually probably a 15 minute job, but I'm an idiot, so it took a little longer). We ate some sort of Pepperjack Cheese Chicken Dish, yum.

Saturday, I finally got down in the basement to sort through all the boxes and junk we had tossed down there. I got the bowflex and the treadmill set up, so now look out world, I'm going to be buff and fit.

The most exciting thing about the weekend, however, was the installation of DirecTV. I've been with them for about 4 years now. I love having the DVR service through them as well. However, this time when we got things set up for them to come and install, it took them 2 weeks to finally actually do the job. But, I pay $60 (after taxes and everything else) for DirecTV and with Charter, for the same package, it was going to be about $85 with taxes and everything else.

All is well on the Guntersville Water Front. It is indeed taking some time to get acquainted to life here, particularly life without our good friends Michael and Catherine from Memphis. However, I'm sure in time we will find some friends who we can share life with here in Guntersville. We do have our good friends Jason and Sunny who live in Huntsville, but that's just a tad bit too far to do something with them very often, and some other dear friends Jonathan and Rebecca McKnight, who live even further away. At least we do have some close friends nearby, though.

This week, I hope to get back to some regular postings, and draw you back into my life.

-Lane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not that far away! And we could meet about halfway in Huntsville...I think that's only about a half-hour drive for each of us. Glad to hear you're getting settled. God bless!

Jason said...

Glad you're in G-town.