Wednesday, July 26, 2006

One Last Post before I say goodbye

I have to admit, saying goodbye is not easy. I didn't think it would be that hard. I mean, how close can you truly get to people in just one short year? Answer: Very.

Sunday night, they had a going away party for Kristen and I. They had youth group junk food and a banana split bar. It was wonderful. A few people got us some gifts, and there was also a small money tree, which was a big surprise for us.

As several people got up and talked about how they would miss us, tears started to flow from my wife's eyes. However, I tried to do the man thing, and hold them all in. It worked until we stood up for a prayer, and I could no longer hold them in.

I'll miss this place. It was a great place for us to be. Granted, there were some things that frustrated the stew out of us, it was still the place God led us.

I'm thankful for Tara Swope, and for her going on the St. Louis trip with us, and hopefully she knows that meant more than anything else she did all year long. I'm thankful Brandon Davis, a guy I admire a whole lot, and I guy who I wish had stayed around all year, for him going on the trip as well.

I'm glad that Abbey Randolph gave me a hug goodbye. I'm also glad her sister Emily did as well. I'm glad Tia was able to be there for our last night as well.

I'll continue this blog when we move to Guntersville, but it will be different. It will be about my life there in Paradise Alabama, not here in Memphis, TN.

God bless you all, and I'll see you all when I get to Guntersville. Give me a few days, and I'll be back up and running! Roll Tide!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Goodbyes are difficult. I know that everyone's kind words made you guys feel so wonderful. I hope that your move goes well. Jason and I can hardly wait to have you and Kristen down the road from us. We'll see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

i will miss you more than you will miss Ross. in the short time, you made a significant impact on my life. i'm glad God led you to Ross. just promise you'll keep in touch. best of luck in alabama. every night say a little prayer for the Ross Road Youth Group.

Anonymous said...

im gonna miss you guys ALOT!!!!! hope you got the moving truck ok and all packed up! sorry we couldnt help...i had to go cook supper!!!

i told kristen that im gonna come visit sometime and you'll have to come back to eat at mi pueblo!!!
and get a group together and go back to honduras!!! that was amazing!!!! i will miss you two very very very much!!!!!!

love you guys!!!!