Monday, March 02, 2009

If a tree falls on your car, and no one is around, does it crush a car?

Yesterday was not a good day. At around 3 in the afternoon, our doorbell rang. I was holding Josie, trying to calm her down, and Kristen had gotten up to put some laundry away. Kristen came in to open up the front door. Living next to the church building, we get a lot of "can we borrow your keys" moments. That is what I was expecting on a Sunday afternoon.

What I heard was a "Is this your white Honda Accord out here?", and then a "OH MY GOODNESS!!!" from Kristen. I got up, and discovered this:

So, anyone know a good body shop guy in Guntersville?

I was going to say that this is the worst time for this to happen, but the more I think about, is there ever a good time for a tree to fall on your car?

Now I'm on the phone with AT&T, trying to get someone to come out to fix the phone line that came down with the tree. We're also waiting for the Insurance people to call. I don't mind things happening like this, its just all the seeming bureaucracy that one must go through to get things fixed.

This too shall pass.

And to top it all off, the letter "p" key on my keyboard just popped off.

Sigh.

2 comments:

chesley said...

that is not a good thing!
good luck with at&t! they decided to transfer my phone last week to a career college & have yet to fix it...gotta love it!

Jason said...

Yikes. I'm just glad you guys weren't in the car at the time. Good luck, man.