Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Mansion, A Robe, and a Crown

I figured out the other day, that in order to get a crown, you better have a Mansion, and probably a robe.

The mansion- well, to afford a crown without dental insurance, you need to live in a mansion.

The Robe- I had to lay on the "chair" for over an hour while the dentist drilled and cut and sliced around in my mouth.

The Crown- it will arrive in two weeks, matched to the shade of the teeth around it.

Friday night, at the last Guntersville High School Football game, I broke a tooth eating nachos. Sounds pathetic, to say the least, but do you ever bite into a chip that maybe is a bit harder than the others? Sometimes cooked a bit longer, folded over, or burned? That's what happened to me. I bit into it, and then I felt my tooth break, and pieces of it fall into my mouth.

Fortunately I had a filling that stayed intact, or otherwise it may have been extremely painful.

Also, they did not have to do a root canal, the tooth was still alive and well. They just filed it down, fit me for a crown, and told me to come back in two weeks.

All for a measly $700.

But I'd rather pay that than lose the tooth completely.

On another note, Josie continues to grow up on us. Her latest thing now is that not only can she roll over, but she can continue to roll over and over and over. Its amazing watching them develop these skills.

Now if we can only get her potty-trained so we won't have to buy these diapers...

1 comment:

Jason said...

Sorry about "the nacho incident". But I'm glad they'll be able to fix your tooth for you.