Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Corn Nuts

Have you ever eaten a corn nut? Its basically a corn chip condensed into a smaller piece, being ultra crunchy and leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.

Yeah, that's how a lot of people are going to feel after the election. This won't be like when Reagan won 49 states, all but Minnesota, in 1984. I have a feeling its not going to be pretty, and the nation will still continue to be divided.

So I thought I'd put some lighter news up today.

Fulmer is out as Head Coach of the UT Vols. Even though I'm a Bama fan, I hate to see Fulmer go. He was a great coach.

The Guntersville Wildcats host a playoff game this week. Will the streak continue? Every time Guntersville plays and wins, the Crimson Tide and the Titans win.

Speaking of which...had you told me my beloved Titans would be 8-0, I would have said "Well, it would be nice, but it won't happen." I suppose after this season, anything is possible. They still have to play the Bears, the Jets, and then the Colts again, so its not going to be a cake-walk. The most brutal team left would the rivaled Pittsburgh Steelers on Dec. 21.

The Crimson Tide is Number One. I can't believe that either. Whether or not they stay there is a different story. Texas Tech is all the rage, and if they win out, I feel like they'll be hoisted to number 1. Sorry Joe Pa, Penn State just isn't going to make it.

I may not like everything Barack Obama says, but I did like his interview last night with Chris Mortensen calling for a college football playoff. If he wins, I hope that's the first thing he signs into law.

Don't forget, regardless of what happens tonight, Fulmer is still leaving, with a hefty $6 million buy out. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll happily be fired from my job for half of Fulmer's buyout.