Thursday, January 24, 2008

Follow Me

“Simon, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes Master you know I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
He then asked a second time “”Simon do you love me?”
“Yes Master, you know I love you.”
“Shepherd my sheep.”
Simon was upset as Jesus asked a third time “Do you love me?”
Simon answered “Master you know everything, you’ve got to know I love you.”
Jesus said “Feed my sheep. I’m telling you the very truth now: When you were young you dressed yourself and went wherever you wished, but when you get old you’ll have to stretch out your hands while someone else dresses you and takes you where you don’t want to go.” He said this to hint at the kind of death by which Simon would glorify God. And then he commanded “Follow me.”
Turning his head, Simon noticed the disciple Jesus loved following right behind. When Peter noticed him, he asked Jesus, “Master, what’s going to happen to him?” Jesus said, “If I want him to live until I come again, what’s that to you?
You – follow me.” John 21:15-22


What would your life look right now if you decided to completely follow Jesus? Would it look a lot different than it does now? Why would your life look different if you decided to completely follow Jesus?

Think on this for a moment: When people hear your name, what do they think of? Is Christ thought of at all when someone hears your name? Think for a moment of all the things that might go through someone’s mind when they hear your name.

Spend some time in prayer over your commitment to God, and examine yourself to see if you are being truly committed. Are you ready to take ownership of the name God has given you and be the Christian He needs you to be? Are you ready to completely follow Him?

1 comment:

nick beam said...

BEEN FOLLOWING FOR A WHILE NOW, HOWEVER, I DO OFTEN WEAR HE IS LEADING! BUT, I TRUST! I SAW YOU LIKE SIMILAR MUSIC, YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT WWW.MYSPACE.COM/VONWON