Sunday, January 28, 2007

Its official, I have a new car

My wife and I purchased a new, well, different car. No, its not a flashy vehicle. No, its not one that will win awards for its sleek looks or name. Its a bare boned, base model 2006 Chevy Malibu, with only 5600 miles on it. I didn't take the hit, but its just like brand new.

Its black, four doors, and saves a ton of money on gas. I loved my 1998 2 door Ford Explorer Sport, all black, tinted windows, running boards, roof rack, with power everything, but with 132,000 miles on it, and our other car reaching 95,000 miles, it was about time to replace one.

I'll drive the Malibu for about 2 or 3 years, and then we'll replace Kristen's car. She'll take over the Malibu at that point, and then we'll sell her Honda and buy me a truck.

And throughout all of this, I'm very proud to say, we paid cash for the Malibu. I'll never have a car payment again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new car, and way to go paying cash for it!!

-Lane said...

thanks man. it was invigorating to say the least.

Unknown said...

paying cash! defintely something to pat yourself on the back for. Good job.