Friday, December 08, 2006

A La...

After returning home late last night, at around 12:30 in the morning from a wonderful state championship game, I am officially exhausted.

Last night, in about 18 degree weather, the Guntersville Wildcats won a thriller game against Thomasville, 28-27. It was an absolutely amazing game, worthy of saying it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Unfortunately, my alma mater, Friendship Christian School in Lebanon, TN lost in the state championship last week to Jackson Christian (but neat that two sister schools were in the championship.

What was really neat was that the whole city of Guntersville was practically at the game. Thousands of fans from Guntersville, Albertville, Arab and Boaz were there. It was the first time a team from Marshall County was in the championship.
_________________________

I'm really fired up about Christmas this year. Last year, Kristen and I spent Christmas alone in Memphis. After church that morning, we went to the house and took down the Christmas decorations, on Christmas Day. This year will fare much better. We're closer to family, and will be with family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Then, we get to see our good friends Michael and Catherine Davis from Olive Branch the following day. Christmas is really about the family.
_________________________

This year for Christmas, all I want is THIS!!!
Seriously, all I've asked for is are Best Buy Gift Cards so I can pick out the radio, get it installed, and then I want Cash or a Gift Card for the subscription service.
_________________________

I've never been stuck as to what to get my wife for Christmas, or birthdays, or anything. This year is harder though. Any ideas would be appreciated!!
_________________________

Looks like my boys at Alabama are going to hire Rich Rodriguez as their next coach. I'm not sure if I agree with it or not, but he is a good coach and has done some tremendous things at West Virginia. Maybe Alabama will let him stay longer than a year if he loses to Auburn. We need to get over Bear Bryant, he's dead and not coming back, nor will there ever be another coach like him. You have a few now, like Paterno and Fulmer who have stayed at their school for at least a decade, but let's face it, its a business and people go where the fame and money is.

UPDATE: At 2:21 today, Rodriguez said he was staying at WVU. They must be paying him a ton. Alabmama was going to make him the highest paid coach in the SEC. This does not sound too good for my Tide.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm sure that you guys had so much fun at the game last night. I can not believe how cold it was!

I'm happy that you and Kristen are in Alabama and closer to family. I know that you two will have so much fun with your families at Christmas.

I can not believe that Rodriguez is staying at WVU. I wonder who Alabama will go after now.

Jason said...

Bummer about Rodriguez. Thought he was the guy.