Monday, November 13, 2006

Will it work out for us?

Let me start off by saying that the fall retreat we had this past weekend was great. The highlight was around 11:30 on Saturday night. It was very cold, about 30 degrees outside. Forecasters were actually calling for flurries. I was just about to start the movie "Cars" for our evening activity, when one of our great college age volunteers, Hailey Black, called me over to talk.

Come to find out, her cousin Vince wanted to be baptized. So off we went to the only place at Coker Creek Village deep enough to baptize him...the creek. We all went down to the creek, Vince and I walked into the what seemed like sub-zero temperature water, and I immersed him into the water in baptism.

Then, to top off the weekend, we came home to a great phone call. Our realor called us and mentioned that she is pretty sure we have a good offer/contract on our house. So hopefully later this week I'll be able to report some good news.

We've been holding on to this house too long, but if this offer actually comes through, it will be the best one offered to us thus far.

I'm also soliciting prayers for my wife, Kristen. She is seeking to find a better job, as she is not very happy with hers right now. Please pray that God will bless her with a more rewarding job, both with a better paycheck, but more importantly without leaving her feeling as if she is overqualified.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Awesome! Glad to hear the retreat went well. Also happy that you might have an offer on the house. I hope it all comes together. I know y'all have been hoping to rid yourselves of that financial burden.

Hope Kristen finds something more rewarding, too.

Anonymous said...

God is good! I am thankful that all went well. It is always interesting to note that God's time schedule is not always what we think is best, but in His infinite wisdom, He knows best. Maybe there is some lesson to be learned as the house did not sell immediately.

Sunny said...

Glad to hear that your weekend went well.

I will be praying about your house and Kristen. I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully the right opportunity will present itself and she can be fulfilled.