Thursday, September 07, 2006

What kind of day will today be?

Last night was our first edition of Primetime Plus, an expanded version of our regular Primetime Wednesday Nights in the Guntersville Youth Ministry. It was a great class with a pretty good turnout. We'll be doing that every first Wednesday of the month, so make sure you bring a friend when you come!

Today, the television repair people are coming to look at our television. If you want to see what our television is doing, click HERE. It really looks like a little kid scribbled on our television. I'm anxious to see what causes this.

Our DirecTV issue is still not resolved. They told me now in order to fix it, I have to reset the hard drive on my DVR unit. That means, all the shows I have recorded to it will be erased. Sigh, that angers me a little, but its just a tv show.

Last night, I was watching Baseball Tonight, and they did the Top 10 Webgems of all time. Ozzie Smith had two of the top ten, including number 1. Check out their top defensive plays for each major league team HERE.

Prediction for the Bama game this weekend:

Alabama 35 Vanderbilt 14
Tennessee 50 Air Force 7
Auburn 24 Mississippi St. 14

Titans 21 New York Jets 18

Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Kenny Simpson said...

AF 14 TN 28 is a bit more realistic. The option will give TN fits and AF can play some defense (which cannot be said about Cal)

What about tonights game?

Miami 28 Pitt 17

Kenny Simpson said...

Titans will beat the NYJ

Jason said...

I wish I was confident that the Titans could beat the Jets, but I don't know. I don't know how we'll hold anybody to 18 points with our defense.

I don't think the option will give UT fits. We have plenty of speed on defense. I'd say something in the range of 31-13 would be about right.

As for tonight, I'm with Kenny. Dolphins over the Rothlisberger-less Steelers 21-10.

Anonymous said...

I've got to agree with Kenny -- I think AF will be a lot closer to UT than some people think. In addition to the option, AF is coming down to play at TN -- they're used to that thin air up in the Rockies, so they should be plenty souped up for the game in Knoxville with all the extra oxygen they'll be breathing! My pick is AF 24 TN 28

Jason said...

Check out http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=2568098

Madden 07's simulation picked us to win over the Jets this week, 20-17. I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Well, it ended up being UT 31, AF 30, with AF losing on a failed 2-point conversion. That's how the service academies (Navy, AF, and Army) play though -- they play to win, not to tie and go into overtime. A lot of people criticize the coaches for that philosophy, but I like it. Their view is that the game is 4 quarters long, and we will play to win within that time period whenever possible, and the players and fans of those teams respect and admire that.