Friday, September 15, 2006

Reggie Bush, a cheat?

The Reggie Bush era.

Everyone says he'll be the salvation of the Saints. Let's face it, its still the Saints. If Mike Ditka couldn't help them, do you really think Reggie Bush can?

I ran across a very interesting article on a REGGIE BUSH INVESTIGATION taking place. Its a long article, but rather interesting.

My big questions are as follows:

1. So what if he did take money? He worked really hard at what he did. Doesn't he deserve it?
2. Should a school be punished for the stupidity of one of their athletes?
3. If I'm in college, and I go for an interview with someone before I graduate, I don't get in trouble for that. What's the difference between that and what Reggie Bush did? If I got flown somewhere to experience a weekend by a corporation that wants to hire me before I'm done with college, that's okay!

I'm not saying I agree with what may have happened, and i'm not saying USC shouldn't be punished. But to take away a Heisman? Talking to the NFL people or working with an agent didn't help him achieve that status. In fact, it probably hurt him with all the distractions going on.

Anyone care to chime in?

3 comments:

Kenny Simpson said...

He did what was against the rules. Are the rules fair? Probably not, but they are still the rules. Not sure I'd take his heisman away though. I think if you don't catch it when it happens it should not go back and strip what happened away.

-Lane said...

I don't think it does any good to take the Heisman away either, nor does it do any good to take away the title from USC.

Jason said...

The Heisman's a sham anyway. Has been since they honored Charles Woodson over Peyton in '97. Who cares if they take it away from him or not.