Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Top 50 Most Influencial People In My Life #50-41

I’ve decided to do a list of the 50 most influential people in my life. For the next few days, I’ll but a few on the list, going from #50 to the most important influences in the top 10.

Now, before you read on, your name might not appear on this list. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you have not influenced me, but its just that you at this time in my life have not made the top 50.

Of course, not included in this list are the obvious God and Jesus and Holy Spirit answers. They are obviously a huge influence on my life, being my Creator and all.

So here goes the rules: All the people listed in my top 50 are people who I have had actual communication with. No superstars or celebrities (unless I’ve had contact with them). In order for you to be on the list, I must have talked to you sometime in my life.

50. Gene Stallings: Former University of Alabama Crimson Tide head football coach. First and foremost, he was a Christian. Second, he was a great leader. Third, when I sent him a letter in high school telling him how much I thought of him, he actually sent me a personal letter back. I still have it to this day.

49. Greg Herring: Mr. Herring was my high school chorus and drama director. He helped mold and shape my voice and character in a way no one else could have. Even though he was limited in his financial resources at F.C.S. (my high school), he made due with what he had to put on excellent programs.

48. Brad Montague: Brad Chad! You can check him out at www.bradmontague.com or you can look at www.myspace.com/bradmontague and check out his music. I knew Brad when he was a camper at Mid South Youth Camp, and then I got to work with him when he was old enough to be a counselor. His humor is always a lift in the middle of long day.

47. Steve Johnson: Steve is the director of the Scotland Campaigns of which I have been on three. His love for the Lord is amazing, and his passion to show the lost of Western Europe the love of God is unequaled.

46. Alan and Ruth Moyes: The people in Scotland who work with the church in Kirkaldy. These two are truly wonderful people who work with a great church. Alan’s easy going attitude is contagious, and is helpful working with a culture who does not believe that God is all that important.

45. Robert and Faye Hughes: These two wonderful people are who Kristen and I stayed with our last trip to Scotland. Along with stuffing us with wonderful European Chocolates, Robert is the only person I know who is passionate about church history, so much so that he wrote a book on the history of the church in Scotland.

44. George and Jean Pendlebury: The last of the Scottish Influence. George and Jean kept me and some others on my first trip to Scotland. George is the definition of a hard worker, and is a true deacon in the church. He puts God before everything, which is so rare in the Scottish culture.

43. Wayne Miller: Wayne is the pulpit minister where my parents attend and work. Wayne is the nicest man I know. Never have I met a guy who genuinely cares about others like Wayne. Knowledgeable, kind, and passionate about his work, Wayne makes a wonderful servant of God.

42. Roy Sharp: Coach Sharp was the director of Mid South Youth Camp, a place I worked for 4 wonderful summers. He was really one of my first bosses. His dedication to that camp is unparalleled. The influence he has had on thousands upon thousands of teenagers is amazing.

41. Harris Goodwin: Harris had a dream to start an orphanage in Honduras. After he stepped down from the position of President at the Baxter school of preaching in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Harris made his dream a reality. I’ve never known anyone else to go up to complete strangers and talk to them about God like Harris does.

1 comment:

John Roberts said...

Dangerous territory! You'll break my heart if I don't make the list (just kidding). Great idea for a blog - I'm looking forward to reading about the people who have made you who you are. (There's got to be some evangelistic mayonnaise hater somewhere in the list!)