Thursday, April 27, 2006

Self Declared National Stress Day

I declare today national stress day. You see, this Friday (tomorrow) is our Silent Auction and Dinner for the youth group. We are having this to raise money for our Honduras trip this summer. Little did I realize how stressful and event like this could be.

My office is covered with Auction items. Good because there are a lot of items to bid on. Bad, because I can't get to my desk. I'm surrounded by stuff. We have right now about 60 items to bid on, not including the team members that are auctioning themselves off. My goal for the night is $5000, and i'm going to try to keep the positive attitude that we can indeed raise that.

I also got a call from the restaurant providing our food for us. Obviously there was some sort of mishap, and the person in charge of food for the night misunderstood a quote given, and for about an hour, I thought the world was going to end. Here we have tickets for 120 people to come to this silent auction and dinner, and for about an hour we had no food. It has since been solved, but my blood pressure was up to catastrophic levels at that point.

Tonight, we decorate, tomorrow, we sell. Saturday, its all over! Then I get to focus my energy and attention to Senior night which is next Sunday evening.

Pray for a relatively low stress day for me today and tomorrow. I'll need it!

1 comment:

Terry Reeves said...

Lane,

Come on buddy, this is the life of youth ministers! We thrive on this stuff! We live for it!! And keep it down, people think we sit around and not do much. You are giving them the impression that we have to work hard and that we actually have stress!! Good luck, I hope it goes well. I am up to my eyeballs with our golf tournament for Honduras! I am with you buddy!!!

Terry