Monday, April 24, 2006

MY WONDERFUL WEEKEND

MY WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Hey everybody.  I am writing this with my head barely held up and my body so tired that my fingers can barely move.  This week, I have more to do than I can manage, but welcome to the life of a youth minister.  

You see, this past weekend, I got to visit with Jason Bybee and his youth group at Mayfair to conduct their spring retreat getaway.  It was a great and enjoyable experience, and all of the kids in attendance were awesome!  They’ve got a really great group there.  We also got to briefly spend some time visiting with Kristen’s parents in Hartselle, AL.  We didn’t have much time, but its always great to see family.  They fed us some great pork chops on Saturday afternoon, and my always favorite Hash Brown Casserole.  

This week, I am facing the Silent Auction and Dinner we have planned for our Mission Trip this summer.  We have to raise a little over $10,000 for the trip.  We’re excited, but this week will be spent getting that event ready.  On top of that, we have senior night next Sunday night, and I have to put together a video and slide show presentation.  

On top of all that, this week is the week for my wife to work early morning care at the school she works at, so instead of 7:30 she has to be there at 7:00.  That makes me even more tired thinking about that.

Pray for me as I go through the next 3 weeks or so.  Pray for our Honduras team.  Pray for our Seniors.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Lane,
The weekend was awesome! I know you have a lot going on right now as you prep for summer, but it meant a lot to us that you could come spend the weekend with us. I know our teens were really blessed by the things you shared. It was exactly what we needed to hear. And it's always great to see you and your wife. I pray God continues to bless you guys and your busy summer there at Ross. May the next 3 weeks be free of anxiety and stress...as much as possible, anyway!