Monday, March 06, 2006

An Eclectic post

I have lots to say today, so there can be no clear cut title.

1. On Friday night, my wife and I, along with Jason Bybee and his wife Sunny, went to a truly awesome concert. Third Day and David Crowder performed at the FedEx Forum, and it was amazing. It was a lot of fun, and its great to see one of my best friends in the entire world. Jason, great to see you and Sunny. Hope all is well with you and the twins.

2. Sunday morning marked the first day for the class I'm teaching to the parents of our teens here at Ross. It was a good class, and I'm so glad everyone came. I believe we had about 25 or so in the class.

3. Last night we had the Baby Dedication service here at our church building. It was so precious to see the little babies all up front, being prayed for by our elders, and being blessed in prayer.

4. I love my wife. Her birthday is on March 8. She'll be 25 years old. This is probably the last year I can publicly announce that without being slapped. My wife is an amazing person, mainly for putting up with me, but also because she is so genuine and true. God could take away everything else in my life and I would still be happy, as long as she was by my side.

5. Finally, last night as I was watching the Oscars (well, the last hour only), I was pleasantly surprised that Brokeback Mountain did NOT win best picture. The movie Crash, while even though having some foul language and is not a movie I endorse for any teenager to see, deserved to win. It truly was a powerful movie. I was upset Joaquin Phoenix didn't win for Johnny Cash in Walk the Line, but other than that, I thought everything else was pretty much on the money.

God bless everyone!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Lane,
I'm a little late to the party here (since you've already made another post for today), but just wanted to say Sunny and I had a blast with you guys this weekend. Great blogging minds think alike, I guess. Hope your initiation to Crowder was a good one. And of course, we all knew Third Day was going to be great. Thanks for inviting us to join you guys. And thanks for your hospitality, too. See ya, bro.

-Lane said...

David Crowder has officially made it into my favorite band list. I haven't stopped listening since Friday.