Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Vanderbilt's Cutler could be the number 1 quarterback picked??

Before you think I'm nuts, read this article: CUTLER

I'm not sure what I think on this yet. I see points made on all different sides. Leinart is an awesome quarterback, but he's had some pretty good athletes to support him. The same with Vince Young. Jay Cutler passed for over 3000 yards at VANDERBILT!

I like the point this article makes on the fact that Leinart could possibly come to Tennessee. I'm still at a toss up between him and Young leading the squad the next few years. Vince Young scored terrible on his Wonderlic score, and Chris Mortensen of ESPN said he would probably be the sixth quarterback taken.

I think both men would do well at Tennessee, but ultimately, a reunion between Norm Chow and Leinart sounds really appealing to me.

Jay Cutler is being heralded now as the next Brett Favre. He benched 225 pounds I believe 28 times at the combine. He is a man on a mission to prove he is worthy to be an NFL star.

Regardless of whether or not he goes...who ever thought a Vanderbilt quarterback would be going to the NFL at all? Much less the top few rounds?

3 comments:

starbender said...

More power 2 him!
:]

Anonymous said...

I watched him beat UT at Knoxville this year. He's the real deal, and I'm glad people are taking notice of him.

Anonymous said...

Being a long suffering Vandy fan, I could not be happier. Since it happens so rarely, I remember exactly where I was when Vandy beat UT this year.