Thursday, February 23, 2006

Our little pug, Chloe

Our little girl is going into surgery to be spayed today. She's a bundle of excitement and joy every morning. We have a routine we go through with her. Kristen gets up before I do and gets ready, and then she goes and feeds Chloe and lets her out. But the thing Chloe just can never wait for is to be put on the bed with me to wake me up. She makes a mad dash as soon as the door is open to our bedroom right to my face.

Usually, she has one of her chew bones with her. She promptly brings that up to my face to "share" the bone with me. Needless to say, a slobbery chew bone does not taste all that great.

Later on when Kristen leaves, Chloe will jump up in my lap and rest while once again chewing on her bone. Then she'll go to her crate where she naps all day while we're at work.

When we get home, she just runs around, looking as if she is saying "Who wants to pet me? Who wants to play with me? Let's go run around town! Let's chew everything up in sight!" Its really great to know someone is that excited to see you when you come home.

At night, she likes to cuddle up with Kristen on the couch and once again....chew on her bone (we go through about 1 every two weeks). Then she goes off to bed again, to begin the whole process over!

She loves to meet new people, and if you ever come to see us, she'll lick you silly. She likes to wrestle with your feet if you're sitting and not paying attention to her. And she'll always bring you a toy to play with.

I know it sounds silly, but Kristen and I are praying that everything is successful with our little girl this morning. She means so much to us and we can't imagine life without her.

3 comments:

Jason said...

What's the word on Chloe?

Anonymous said...

This is Jonathan. You seem to have forgotten to mention how much she enjoys playing with doorstops. We still haven't taken our Chloe to be spayed. Hope your Chloe is ok!

-Lane said...

Chloe made it through surgery okay, but has had a rough morning today. She got hold of some bad stuff outside...started poopin and vomiting...took her to the vet and got medicine...read today's blog...