Thursday, February 02, 2006

28

Yesterday, I turned 28. Based on the fact that I'm another year older (supposedly wiser also), I must admit that I'm feeling older. Even though i've been bald since I was 18, I am starting to see gray hairs in my beard.

In honor of turning 28, I hereby present to you 28 of my favorite things.

1. Kristen, my wife, my best friend, my confidant and spiritual accountability partner. A little over two years ago, I married this wonderful woman. 28 years from now, we'll celebrate 30 years together.

2. Mexican Food: When I was younger, I hated it. Now, there's nothing better than chips and cheese dip/salsa with a great plate of fajitas.

3. Chloe: No, not a mistress or girlfriend on the side. Chloe is our 9 month old black pug. She is a joy and a delight. She wakes me up every morning by slapping me in the face with her favorite bone.

4. Our New House: Nothing is more exciting than owning your first home.

5. My new job: Working at the Ross Road church is wonderful. I am blessed and honored to work with a great staff, elders, and the teenagers are the absolute greatest!

6. Eating Pizza for breakfast: Is there anything better than having leftover pizza for breakfast?

7. My parents: As I work alongside teenagers, I often run into teens who have parents who are divorced, deceased, or disinterested. I praise God that I have parents who still care, and who always were there for me.

8. The movie Cinderella Man: Wimpy title, powerful movie. Still upset that it got shafted in the Oscars.

9. The wonderful nation we live in and the fact it could never elect Hilary Clinton as President: It reminds me that we live in land with some morals and values still in place. I mean, come on, do we really want her to be the leader of our wonderful country? That's just scary looking!

10. The Nooma Nooma Song: Its a song by a group called O-Zone actually called Dragostea Din Tei. Its the catchiest song ever. For something ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS follow this link to see Napoleon Dynamite dance to the Nooma Nooma Song NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE DANCES TO NOOMA NOOMA

11. Napoleon Dynamite: Speaking of Napoleon Dynamite, even though this is a really dumb movie, I love it because its funny, clean, and has no sex in it. Its a perfect youth group movie.

12. My wife's chicken chilli nachos: Gee, its a wonder why I'm overweight. These are the greatest!

13. The Amazing Race: CBS's great reality show. I've watched every season. The new season begins February 28.

14. Survivor: Okay, I admit -- I hated the idea of Survivor when it began, but now I can't get enough. The new season begins tonight!

15. Cottenelle Toilet Tissue: Let's face it. The cheap stuff is, well, cheap.

16. My new gas grill: Insert grunting sounds here. And it was on sale!

17. Home Improvements: Not the television show. Two years ago, I couldn't have done anything to make a home better. Now, due to the fact that I have a gracious minister who loves to teach and show how to do things, I'm well on my way to being a regular Bob Villa.

18. Shaving my head: Sounds weird, I know...but did you know the average man gets a haircut once every four weeks, and pays around $12 for it. Since I'm bald and shave my head, from the age of 21 (when I started shaving my head) to age 70, I'll save $7056 in haircuts!

19. MP3 players: I knew one day that albums would become obsolete. Paying for a single song instead of a whole album is awesome!

20. Having a paid off car: Neither my wife nor I have a car payment. Sweetness.

21. The game of Golf: I used to think golf was for sissies. I have gotten into the game recently, and its no sissy game. Its a great way to get away for about 4 hours with some friends, and struggle together!

22. The fact that we have no mayonaise in our house: I mean, come on...Mayonaise is just pure junk. My wife has agreed not to have mayonaise in the house.

23. Singing in church: Not everyone likes to, but I love to sing at church.

24. My television: a year ago, my wife and I bought a 42 inch LCD Projection tv. It has made viewing more fun.

25. TIVO: I waited and waited, and finally got TIVO. I have come to the realization that life before was unfulfilled.

26. Forgiveness: Its awesome to know that forgiveness really does work with God.

27. Grace: God allows us to live on this earth He made. He allows us to screw up. He still loves us, regardless.

28. Our God: come on, you knew I'd mention Him, right?

No comments: