Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting Fit Week 10


A bit scary yes, but this after 10 weeks in the gym. Still not perfect, but I'm trying my best. I've always had pretty scrawny arms, so I'm trying to pump those up. While I haven't been working the biceps out that much, I've really been working my triceps hard.













My posture has always been pretty poor. I've probably worked my back and shoulders out more than I ever have. I personally think my back, shoulders, and neck area are looking better than ever.














This is the side profile shot that shows how skinny people are. As you can tell, I'm still not skinny. In fact, I haven't lost any real weight, but my body fat percentage has dropped about 5%. I'm still working on chest definition, which has a looooong way to go, but I'm working the best I can on that. Its always been an issue for me.






















From 2001 to 2003, I worked in the gym like a beast. Partially, because I was a coach and had free access to a gym, and partially because I wanted to finally be fit. During that time, I worked as hard as I could.

I have a long way to go. I know I do. But the silver lining in this is that I've stuck with this for 10 weeks now. I'm proud of myself. Its still a struggle to find time to work out. Some days, I have to go in the mornings because of afternoon and evening activities. Sometimes, the afternoon around 4 or 5 is the time to go. But all too often, the time falls in the evenings, around 8:30 or so. This is after Josie has gone to sleep. Kristen and I realize that if I want to stick around and be healthy, I have to go do this, no matter what.

I got myself into this mess, and I have to work hard now to clean it up.

2 comments:

Steve Hawley said...

Looking buff, dude!

Unknown said...

Keep it up, Lane! I hope you're successful and an inspiration to many.