Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting Settled

The past week has been a very challenging one. Josie got sick last Sunday with a Croup type cough, and made her first visit to her new Pediatrician. I was busy getting acquanited with things at the office. Kristen was unpacking boxes and setting up the house.

Then, I caught whatever it was that Josie had, and I'm just now starting to get over it. Fortunately, Kristen has remained healthy through this whole ordeal. If she gets sick, then the whole house will fall apart.

We've been here working with the church at West University for a week now, and we're getting to know the people more and more. Its a church that has a lot of hope and excitement, and wants to grow and prosper the best it can. Its a tough dynamic working in the downtown area of a larger city, especially since most people live in the suburbs. By the time they fight traffic to get home on Wednesday nights, they don't typically have a chance to make it back to evening services. Its just different than what we're used to doing.

Pray for our work here. I'm acting as an Associate Minister, which covers a whole lot of things. Some of the main areas I am working with is Worship Leading, Media Management, Young Families, and helping put together some sort of youth program. We currently do not have many teens, but there a whole lot of children. The problem is retaining them when they reach those teen years, because there's not a developed youth program. If anyone has any resources for me, I would gladly accept the advice.

Once we get interent set up at our house, I promise things will return to more of a regular pattern with my posting. It should be within the next two weeks or so.

God bless you all.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm glad that things are going well and that you guys are getting settled. I'm sorry to hear that you and Josie have been sick. I hope that Kristen doesn't get it!

I am so excited about all of the work that God is doing through your sweet family. You will continue to be in my prayers as you settle in. Miss you guys!

Steve Hawley said...

Welcome back!

Jason said...

Glad to know you all are getting settled. Keep the posts coming!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to know you're getting settled in. Hope all goes well for you and your family. Love you guys!