Friday, May 23, 2008

I've been tagged

My good friend Jason tagged me, and I've never been tagged before, so here goes:

*Maybe I should...lighten up. I get too tense.

*I love the smell of...okay, I love the smell of fried food, restaurants, etc. That's kinda sad, but I love the smell of a good restaurant as you approach it, especially a steakhouse.

*People would say that I...am sarcastic. I'm really not all that sarcastic, people just catch me at the wrong time.

*I don't understand why...people don't keep their word anymore. A commitment should be just that, a commitment.

*When I wake up in the morning...I know that I have to get up, but I can't. I attribute this to the fact that for straight years working in summer camps and teaching school that I had to get up at about 5:30. I usually hit the snooze about 4 times. I know all that is about to change though.

*I lost my will power to...stop eating fried foods. I gave up caffeine about 3 months ago, and haven't caved, but I can't stop eating fried foods. Maybe there's some sort of pill.

*Life is wonderful with...the knowledge that no matter what, I'm going to have my little girl in my arms by next Tuesday.

*My past made me...that my future can be so much better.

*I get annoyed when...(there's a lot of things that could go here, but I'll list just a few) people leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. I get annoyed when people at Walmart won't move out of the middle of the aisle. I get annoyed when I see cars with small babies and children not in car seats.

*Parties are not...something I frequent anymore.

*Dogs are...awesome. Even though they do some stupid stuff (like chewing on our curio cabinet), they are loyal and happy and eager to please.

*Cats are...the spawn of satan.

*Tomorrow I am going to...play golf.

*I have a low tolerance for...whiners.

*I'm totally terrified of...aliens.

*I wonder why I thought my life would be...I really don't get this question, so I'm going to pass.

*Never in my life...have I broken a bone.

*High school was something that...made me realize that some people just get down right spoiled in life. I had to earn everything I accomplished or received, but some people just expect everything handed to them.

*When I'm nervous...I couldn't tell you the last time I was nervous, until now, and that's about how the birth of my child will be.

*Take my advice...mayonnaise is two parts evil, one part disgusting.

*Making my bed is...something I never did, until I got married, and now I do it to make Kristen happy, or when I want something.

*I'm almost always...drinking some sort of beverage.

*I'm addicted to...I don't have an answer to this right now. I used to be addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, drinking about 7 cans a day. Now, I guess I'm addicted to the tv show LOST.

*I want someone...to explain to me why we can't drill for oil in Anwar. I understand conservation, but I also understand civil unrest.

I'm supposed to tag someone else, but I don't think anyone else who reads my blog actually has a blog, except maybe Keith or John or Jonathan. We'll see if they respond. Thanks Jason.

4 comments:

Walters Press said...

Lane,

I know you're so excited to be a dad! And by the way, I read your blog and I have a blog:) I bet there are a lot of lurkers out there reading your blog!

Sunny said...

Good stuff.

Jason said...

Sorry, that was supposed to be me.

Anonymous said...

You'll be a daddy in about 24 hours! I know you're excited. I'll call you this afternoon to let you know about our baby.