Tuesday, May 06, 2008

American Idol Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Week

In lieu of Jason's absence, I shall be blogging for him on American Idol. I'll be doing a live blog.

David Cook- I called it. I knew the judges would say it was just average. It sounded like him, but he didn't do much different to the ole Duran Duran song. I loved it, but the judges seem to want more from David. I guess when you're the best, they expect the best.

Syesha- Really, you're the most talented girl left? Proud Mary would not be proud. The judges seem to be split. I agree with Simon's bad shriek version. But seriously, how can she be the only girl left?

Jason Castro- He never seems to know many of the songs on the list. Bob Marley wanna be sings a Bob Marley song. I Shot The Sheriff, well, I didn't care for it that much, but that's just cause I can't stand Jason's voice. I will give him props for doing a challenging song, but I didn't like it. And I agree with what my wife asked..."Why does he have his guitar?" He didn't strum it at all. I don't think it matters what the judges say, the teen girls are going to vote him through. Jason is a dope.

David Archuleta- "Stand By Me", safe song for David A. Should be good. And it is. As Randy says, "If you can sing good, you can sing any song good" or something like that. I don't really care for the background singers. David A could sing the phone book and it would sound good. I am sick of the "Who Me?" look, however.

ROUND TWO:

David Cook: The Who? Good choice I would think. He's able to do any rock song, and make it his own. By far the most talented singer left. Great song for David. I love it. The judges should love it too. And...they do! If he doesn't win, the show is rigged.

Syesha: Sam Cook's "A Change Is Gonna Come" She relies on her big notes, her big voice. But she looks so angry. I do like her hair better down than frizzed out, but I don't like the song. You're the only girl left, pick a girl rock n roll song. I guess she sang it well, but I didn't like it. You can tell the judges are pushing for a Syesha/Jason bottom two. And Paula gets weirder each week. I agree with Randy, not Simon and Paula. Stop the cryfest.

Jason Castro: If we can get to him, what will he sing? Well, it can't get any worse than the first one. What's he gonna sing? Bob Dylan???? OH NO!!! Of all the songs you could have chosen...WHAT??? He just forgot the words???? What a disgrace. You have no business being up there. None, at all. Bye bye Jason. You just gave Syesha a free pass. I can't wait for this to end. That was atrocious. I agree with Simon. Surely looks won't get him through.

David Archuleta: Elvis Presley's Love Me Tender should be a good one for David. Put this guy after that Jason Castro performance, well, just not fair at all. Wow. You knocked it out of the park David. He does have some quirky facial expressions though. Faded a bit at the end, but still great.

Best Performance tonight: David Archuleta
Sure to go through: David Cook
Worst: Jason Castro

Bottom Two prediction: Jason Castro and Syesha

Going home: Jason Castro

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about everything, but I think you might be a bit harsh on Syesha. If you look at where she started in the competition and where she is now, she's made a lot of progress and has some potential for stardom. I think she'll end up on Broadway, though.

-Lane said...

I agree I'm harsh, but I agree also with your comments about her being on Broadway. I don't feel like this show is an audition for Broadway. I really don't think she's that bad, I just think there were a lot more talented girls in the competition.

Jason said...

You called it, man. Nostradamus.