Tuesday, April 25, 2006

UPDATE!!!

A few weeks ago, I reported that I had been Caffeine free for 5 whole days. Well, since March 22, I still have had no caffeine. Well, at least that I know of. I know chocolate has a minimal amount of caffeine, and I think a glass of caffeinated tea slipped in once, but other than that I have not had a Soft Drink since March 22. Let me tell you the results of this month long process that I plan to continue.

1. My stomach no longer hurts. I used to get upset stomachs like crazy. Now, I've only had one or two upset stomach occurances.

2. I sleep better, longer, and deeper. Go figure, drinking 8 cans of Diet Dr. Pepper a day keeps you going a few extra hours. When I wake up in the morning, I feel like I've rested, instead of just cat napped.

3. I'm saving money. Cokes get expensive. If you get one at a gas station you pay $1.09 or up to $1.29. Bottle of water, generic brand, 59 cents. You can 32 bottles of water from Sams Club for $4.32. Even better, you can drink at of a faucet or your tap for free! At restaurants, a beverage can cost anywhere from $1.20 up to $3.00.

4. It makes your food taste better. Instead of enjoying the flavor of your beverage, you get to enjoy the flavor of your food.

5. Finally, I feel as if I have conquered a habit I never thought I could. Its refreshing to know that I have the willpower to stop something that isn't the greatest for me.

Now, I'm not telling everyone they should go off of soft drinks completely. I just have the unfortunate problem of getting addicted to things. I don't have the ability to say "Oh, I'll just have one today". If I drink one, I'll drink 8. If I have chips in the house, I don't eat a handful, I eat the whole bag. If you have the willpower to just have one or two a day, more power to you!

Thanks for everyone's support! I plan on staying this way for life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave up soft drink for lent. I still don't drink many. I totally agree with you in that it is nice to know you have the willpower to be able to give something up if you want. Good luck with everything.