Thursday, January 10, 2008

What are you hiding?

I know most of you have seen this video, but I just can't stop watching it. Watch, and then read some thoughts I have afterwards.



By day, he sells cell phones. But he wants to do more. Much more. He has a dream to do what he feels he was born to do, and that is to sing.

Notice when he says he is going to sing opera, the British judge gives kind of a "Oh boy, this will awful" look. And the first time I saw it, I thought the same thing. "No way can this guy sing opera. This is a classic "American Idol" screw up audition, and I'm about to laugh".

However, when he starts singing, something comes out of him that no one really expected. Something beautiful, something inspiring.

So ask yourself this: What am I hiding inside of me that I've never let anyone know I can do? Better yet, what talent has God placed inside of me that I've never let people see?

Inside of all of us as Christians, God has placed His Holy Spirit in us. Through God, we can do immeasurable things. God takes those who by human standards are failures and turns them into Peters and Pauls and other heroes from the Bible.

Paul Potts, the guy who sang, said he often lacked the confidence to get up and perform. Don't let lack of confidence ever keep you from doing something for God. He was there with Moses, in front of the Egyptian Pharoah. He was there with Esther in front of the King. He was with Jesus as He walked the long walk to the Golgotha. He'll be with you, too.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Great post, man. I appreciate your encouragement for us to embrace what God longs to do in us and through us.

I like the new look, by the way.

-Lane said...

Thanks. You're about the only one who ever posts comments anymore.

Steve Hawley said...

No, he's not. Good job, Lane!
God bless,
Coach Hawley
Luke 18:1

-Lane said...

Thanks Coach Hawley! How's your dad doing? Great to see you on the blog!