Sunday, January 06, 2008

Time to start it all

This past week, my wife and I spent a wonderful week in Atlanta, GA at the National Conference for Youth Ministers. After seeing many wonderful friends that I haven't seen in a while. We heard many encouraging speakers and are motivated for this upcoming year. We were real excited to have our friends Jason and Jenny McKnight with us most of the week.

Some of the things I learned this past week:

1. I can live without the internet. I went from Wednesday to late this evening without using the internet...and I survived.

2. Is the church doing it right? Are we too focused on the building instead of the actual church? Is this really how Jesus intended his church to be, confined to a building?

3. I need to be a better minister to everyone. To my teenagers, to my parents, the staff, the members, the elders, everyone!

4. Amos 5:21-22; What does it mean? Is there a meaning for us today that we can learn from Amos? Am I courageous enough to be an Amos?

Thoughts?

No comments: