Monday, June 12, 2006

The Selling of an American Dream

I believe everyone at one point wants to own a home. Its the American Dream, to say that you own a home in this great land. Just about 8 months ago, we bought a home. Now, we must say goodbye to it.

It has been a good home to us. It has provided us warmth and comfort, a roof over our heads, and a garage to store lots of junk.

It has a small yard that can be cut in less than 45 minutes. It has three sad little trees in it. There's a crack in the driveway, flowers in the front yard, and a oil stain from my old cruddy car.

There's a pile of fur in the corner of our living room under our dog's bed. There's a small stain where she...well, you know.

Lots of sweat have gone into making the house into a home. We painted all the walls, I replaced the bathroom floor, and several other things, including a toilet, door frames, and other minor things. It taught me how to do home repair.

In the back, there's an exterior light I replaced that taught me a huge lesson in electricity: Make sure its cut off before you work on it.

The home we live in is a great little home, but now its time for someone else to own it.

Know anyone who wants to live in Olive Branch, MS? I've got a home for them.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Your 1st house is always the most treasured. There are times that I really miss our house in Kingsport. Sure there were things about the house that drove me crazy. That 1st house is still my favorite, just for the memories. I am so excited about you guys moving to Guntersville. Good luck selling!

Jason said...

Hope the house sells quickly. At least you don't have to worry about buying a house in Gunts-Vegas! Can't wait till you guys are here!

Anonymous said...

hee hee
electricity!