Monday, March 13, 2006

O Happy Day

This morning was great. You see, my wife is off for Spring break this week, so instead of her waking up an hour before me, we woke up together, and got to spend the morning together. Its really great to spend some time with the person you love in the mornings before your day begins.

I also have the opportunity to preach at our congregation this Sunday morning. We were supposed to go on a relief trip to Pascagoula, Mississippi, but it was cancelled. Our minister is going to take an opportunity to take a weekend off with his family (who is also off for Spring Break), and asked me to preach this coming Sunday. It is always a privilege to be able to do that for any congregation.

We also got our tax refund via direct deposit this past Saturday. I go to check my bank account online, and got a really nice surprise. Its like finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.

Its very obvious to me that this week, God is going to be blessing me in ways I can't even begin to imagine. When a week starts off this great, how can you not be optimistic about the rest of it? We slept with our windows open last night, which means spring is here, which also means that we enter that beautiful time when you don't need the heat, you don't need the air conditioner...which equals wonderful savings on our electricity and utilities.

What a great day. God is great, all the time! All the time, God is Great!!!

1 comment:

Jason said...

I love days like that, when everything just seems to fall together. Glad you're having a day like that. Hope the rest of the week goes as well.

I'm having a good day, too. Just got an iPod, so I'm pumped, baby.

Hey, are you doing an NCAA bracket? I'm doing a couple of online leagues. We should get one together.